- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- sprinkle of allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Mix melted vegan margarine with applesauce
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix
- Add margarine/applesauce mixture to the bowl, then add soymilk and vanilla and mix until well combined
- Pour into baking pan. Sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a fork/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!