A year ago I wrote a top ten list of my favorite things that I hadn’t done in a year. Here’s a follow-up on my attempt to do them this past year:
- Swim in the warm ocean with big waves. No such luck. I stuck my foot into the ocean here in Nova Scotia, but it was way too cold to consider swimming in. Maybe next year!
- Play mini golf. Done! Jeff and I played mini golf at my favorite mini golf course, Around the World in 18 Holes in Lake George, NY (shown below), over the summer. We also played mini golf at Beazley’s glow-in-the-dark mini-putt in Dartmouth, NS, where I played the best mini golf game of my life and beat Jeff for the first time!
- Go to an art museum. I didn’t make it to any during the past year, but I plan to go to at least one in Paris in a couple of weeks!
- Go to the Saratoga Jazz Festival at SPAC. Didn’t make it. And it looks like we will be in Saratoga the weekend before the Jazz Festival this year, so we might see the Beach Boys at SPAC, but no Jazz Festival. Maybe next year!
- Play tennis on a non-windy day. I played tennis several times last year. Yay!
- Eat an apple cider donut from Saratoga Apple. Nope. Wheat and I still aren’t friends, so I probably won’t be able to eat a regular cider donut anytime soon. But now that I have a donut maker, I can and will make my own.
- Hang out with my friend Theresa. We didn’t get to hang out in person, but we did skype a few times, so I’ll consider this one mostly successful.
- Kayak. Nope. Hopefully this summer!
- Go on a waterslide. Nope. Hopefully this summer?
- Go to a baseball game with friends on a nice day. I was so close to making this one happen. We had tickets to see the Red Sox play in Pittsburgh while we were in town for a wedding, but our flights got messed up and we ended up missing the game. Maybe next year…
So only 3/10. That’s not so great. Hopefully I’ll do a few more of these fun things in the coming year!